2. According to some gypsy traditions, every dream is supposed to contain its own symbol of the past and the future.
3. When you have your tea leaves read, a true Romani gypsy will put a lot of effort into the ritual itself, including making the tea, selecting the appropriate china and playing soothing music.
4. Palm readers examine lines on the palm, fingers, their lengths, and the prominence of the mounts.
5. Some critics of fortune-telling suggest that trained psychologists could also practice personal traits such as nervousness, loneliness or cheerfulness, which would also make let them make reasonable predictions about a client’s future.
6. Some people visit fortune tellers to try to learn the future and for entertainment.
7. At the carnival, the gypsy shuffled the deck, cut the cards and lay out a selection of ten cards form, which the client was supposed to choose three.
8. Some of the people at the carnival were not only suspicious of fortune telling, they made fun of the gypsies as they walked past their booths.
9. One gypsy explained that telling fortunes were less about helping others than making his own living.
10. Fortune telling is difficult to categorize because it is neither a science, art nor religion.
The information in the video helped because I have to understand how to formulate correct sentences.
1. Many cities and counties are named after presidents, Washington being the only state named after a president.
2. California is bordered by the Pacific Ocean being one of the are many islands, waterway and rivers, not to mention the evergreen forests near the coast.
3. I called a tow truck because the car battery would not start, as it was dead
4. She is not like her sister as they are totally opposite from each other.
5. Although Rick Martini has fallen out of fashion, he will remain to be my favorite singer. He is terrific in that he performs free concerts for a good cause.
6. It surprised me that I was the only one looking for a hamster in the pet smart, wondering if no one realized how they make terrific pets.
7. The ground has cracked because it has been dry since the beginning of October making the heat unrelenting. The desert is covered with a fine reddish dust.
9. Although Holly was told she was going to be a beauty someday, at 16, she was thin, severe, wore thick glasses down her nose and her shoulder bones showed through her shirt and they seemed as if they would puncture her skin.
10. The guitar was a gift from aunt Alice to Joanne when she turned fifteen. She brought it into town, although the strings were broken, and there was a scratch on the outside.
11. Late winter was clammy and cold went through the skin, it showed that the maple sugaring time was near as bids popped out of the trees.
The information on the video helped as I managed to complete the task and come up with compound and variety sentences.
Aaron, J. E. (2011). The Little, Brown compact handbook with exercises. Boston: Pearson.
Jakobson, R., & Rudy, S. (1987). Language in literature. Cambridge, Mass: Belknap Press.